Rural City of Wangaratta
Community Teams Challenge
The Community Teams event is an opportunity for people to benefit from mutual support. Teams can be family, social, work-place, sporting group or a combination of all of the above.
Click HERE for a list of teams that have 10 or more paid entrants. If you would like your team added to this list, simply get your team to 10 or more paid entrants and provide us with a single logo and website link. We’ll do the rest.
Individuals who are a part of a team are still eligible for all prizes and awards in the event that they have entered.
2021 prizes for Community Teams are as follows:
- The winning team will receive a cash payment of $300.
- The second placed team will receive a cash payment of $100.
Creating a community team is a simple process. To create a team, follow these steps:
- 1 – Go to the entry page on the website (www.wangarattamarathon.com.au/entry),
- 2 – Click the “Enter” button,
- 3 – Enter basic details and click “Continue”,
- 4 – Click the “Create a community Team” button,
- 5 – Fill in the details and you’re done,
- 6 – You will receive an email after you enter your details
- 7 – Let your team members know the name of your team, and they can add themselves when they register.
Community Team Rules:
- The winning team will be the team that achieves the highest finisher points
- The second placed team will be drawn at random from all teams that have all members complete their event:
- Entry to the draw requires all members of the team complete their chosen event.
- Winning team will be randomly drawn.
- The “Community Teams” event is a completion based award. It is to encourage participation rather than fast times.
- Finisher points will be allocated as follows:
- Entrants that complete the 5km event will be allocated 5 points for the team,
- Entrants that complete the 10km event will be allocated 10 points for the team,
- Entrants that complete the Half Marathon event will be allocated 21.1 points for the team,
- Entrants that complete the Marathon event will be allocated 42.2 points for the team,
- The Primary School Challenge is not part of the team event.
- The team must be nominated during the participants entry,
- Existing entrants may not join a team after completing registration,
- Only event participants noting team entry details prior to the event will be allocated to the team (eg no team member requests after the event),
- Individuals who choose to enter multiple events may have results from multiple events included in the Community Team points (scheduling does make it possible for an entrant to run more than one event),
- The “Team coordinator” will be responsible for distribution of race bibs (if bulk entry).