Telstra Store Wangaratta
5km Walk or Run
Prize sponsors: The Athlete’s Foot
Please note: Courses may need to be changed due to government restrictions relating to COVID-19. We will endeavor to communicate any changes with all registered participants as soon as information comes to hand.
|Start time:||8:30am (Sunday 20/03/2022)|
|On day entries:||No on-day entries are available.|
|Field limit:||500 participants|
|Cutoffs:||NIL. Both runners and walkers are encouraged to attend (even those looking for a relaxed stroll).|
|Aid Stations:||1.9km, 4.4km, Finish.|
|Toilets:||0.0km (Start), 3.1km (Apex Park), 5.0km (Finish),|
|Training plans:||Click HERE|
|Results:||Age Groups: U18, 18-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89
Prize categories: U18, 18-39, 40+
- ~ Start at rear of Norm Minns / Showground complex near the Magpies Football Clubrooms.
- ~ Head North, and turn left onto an unsealed road inside the rear gates.
- ~ Turn left at the end of that unsealed section and run South and around the internal roadway of the Showgrounds complex.
- ~ Cross back over the start mat and exit the rear gates of the Showgrounds, turning right and onto the gravel track which becomes grass for about 150m.
- ~ Turn right onto the sealed cycle path and run back along the side of the showgrounds to Evans Street.
- ~ Run down the steep path into the boat ramp area.
- ~ Follow the path over the first swing bridge and past the second swing bridge until you arrive at Bickerton Street.
- ~ Turn left at the stock bridge then almost immediately right into Apex Park.
- ~ Follow the sealed path through Apex Park as directed and signed.
- ~ Turn right onto the verge of Parfitt Road (main highway through town).
- ~ Cross the main Ovens River bridge and turn right onto the riverside path and boardwalk.
- ~ Continue along this path, down a ramp into Sydney beach and cross the swing bridge.
- ~ Turn left off the swing-bridge and head back to the start area.
- ~ When you come up the short steep ramp at Evans Street, enter the Showgrounds gates and run along the internal road.
- ~ Turn onto the grass where directed and run over the finish line!
- ~ Remember to smile!
Link to interactive map: Click HERE